Articles of Faith ... What We Believe ... Primitive Baptist
- We believe in one true and living God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost and these three are one.
- We believe that scriptures of the Old and New Testament as translated in the 1611 King James version of the Holy Bible is the written word of God and the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the doctrine of election by grace.
- We believe in the doctrine of original sin and in Man's impotencey to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature by his own free will or ability.
- We believe that sinners are called, converted, regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Spirit, and that All who are thus regenerated and born again by the spirit of God shall never fall finally away.
- We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances of Jesus Christ and that true believers are the only subjects of those ordinances and we believe the only true mode of baptism is by immersion.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a general judgement and the joys of the righteous and that the punishment of the wicked will be eternal.
- We believe that no minister has the right to administer the ordinances of the gospel except such as are regularly called, and come under the imposition of hands by the presbytery.